Monday, August 12, 2013

8/12/2013 Another one of those goodbyes over

    Here we thought we would have a whole week to get things together to leave and after going through some of our stuff today I realized we should have started weeks ago. I worked on the history program for the last time - only need to add a few more pictures and send it to Sister Button.  I am so grateful to have the information collected and put together.  Scott kept coming in the bedroom/office asking me if I was staying on task.  I don't think he realized before how ADD I am but he certainly knows now!  Scott sorted through some of the music items and boxed them up.  I think most of the things we take home will be lesson books of Spanish and music.
 Tonight was the farewell for the Pichardos, the Cuenots, and us plus the welcome for the MacIntyres.   It was great because we all had just a few minutes to speak.  What wonderful people there are here serving.  How blessed we have been to get to know so many of them and have made such good friends.  Scott left the country uniform "the orange hat and apron" to the MacIntyres.  I have felt like a big of nerves all day and realize that's probably how it will be until we get home.  Scott thinks he is doing fine but got on the elevator today and couldn't get it to go down.  He came in to tell me it wasn't working and that he was walking down with the garbage.  When he got on it to come back up it was working.  Then he realized that when he left our apartment he had been pushing the fourth floor button instead of the first floor where he wanted to go.  So the elevator door would just keep opening  to the fourth floor where we live instead of going down.  I had to laugh - sounds like something I would do.

The MacIntryes, the Cuenots, and the Pichardos

      Instead of being sad tonight, I was filled with gratitude for the opportunity we have had to serve with so many wonderful people.  I know that we will see many of them again - if not in this lifetime, in another. It's nice to have another goodbye over; all the while realizing our lives will never be the same for having known these people.                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment